3/12/2005

Clapotis Crazy

I have been reading about and looking at the clapoti of other knitters wondering if I could really follow that complicated-looking pattern on Knitty.com (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html). So I have decided to dive right in and give it a try. I'm going to get started later this evening with some yarn I picked up a while ago. It's just some Red Heart, but it's a color pattern that I like, and it won't break the bank if I ruin the project. I think I'm going to double-strand it though because I want this to be a cold weather clapotis.

I also bought some yarn on Ebay that will be used for another clapotis if my first attempt works out. It's a sparkly boucle in gold cream. When I get it in my mingy little hands, I will take a photo and post it here. I still have to get my software on my new computer before I can upload the photos I have taken so far.

Anyway, that wasn't the only yarn I've bought on Ebay lately. I also bought (from the same buyer) some fluffy peach mohair blend and something called Sunset, which is a specialty blend yarn that is so beautiful. From a different seller I bought an 8 oz skein of space dyed yarn in a color called Mardi Gras, and it is also really beautiful. It's a blend of pinks, purples and orange. The specialty blend yarn, Sunset, is about the same color scheme too. It's one of my favorites. So I went a little crazy and the bank acct is going to be a bit lighter, but oh well. I couldn't resist the urge!

No comments: