3/29/2005

Good News/Bad News

The good news is: I got a job. I now have a part-time job at The Disney Store in a nearby mall. I was looking for something to fill in my time before I go back to college (hopefully) in the fall.

The bad news: That means I will have less time for knitting!

On the knitting front: I have put my Kyoto from Knitty.com aside for now. I wasn't happy with how the double see stitch called for in the pattern looked done in the yarn I'm using (Endless Summer Collection Sonata). The sash, collar and about 1.5 inches of the sleeve are supposed to be done in it so now I just have to find an alternative. I tried straight garter stitch, but that didn't look very good either. SO, I have started a new project while I decide. A friend's little girl has a birthday on April 16th and I'm making a poncho from Lion Brand ( ). I am using the yarn called for in the pattern, which I picked up at Joann's today. The strange thing is that the yarn is on sale online at Joann's but not in their stores. I thought that was a little odd. But anyway, I picked the colorway Sorbet and then the fun fur trim is going to be done in a neutral color (champagne) to balance it out a bit. I have to finish it before the 16th, which I don't think will be a problem.

I also wanted to post a picture of this really pretty yarn I got from Ebay a few weeks back. It is so pretty and SOFT. It is a microfiber and polyamide blend. The picture is a bit blurry, but the colors are beautiful. I don't know what I'm going to make with it, but will probably knit it up double-stranded with another yarn in the pink color family. I might make a cute little scarf, although it is supposed to be warming up here now. It is getting cold in Australia though so maybe I could send it to my mum for Mother's Day.


A bit blurry, but this yarn is very pretty.

I also got the Spring/Summer Vogue Knitting International. As usual there are many things I want to make. It will have to wait though since I have so many other things I want to do.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: