3/21/2005

Long time...no post!

Well I did type of this blog and it got lost, so I have to do it all over again.

The weekend was pretty slow for knitting. We had two really late nights on Friday & Saturday, so Sunday I was going to relax. Instead I did housework! I did do something knitting related on Friday though - I pulled out what I had of my clapotis. I ended up losing a stitch somewhere after finishing round three of section II. So, since it was really just a practice one I decided to start over. But I think I will just go ahead and make it with some of the yummy yarn I bought off Ebay. The yarn I was using was just some Red Heart I had lying around and I didn't like the feel of it. It was too rough for me. So I think I will sit down this afternoon and get started on it again.

Obviously I still have no photos up. I have to get the flash card reader from a friend. Once I have that we should be a go for getting a load of photos up.

I got a box full of yarn from Elann on Saturday. I bought 8 balls each of Fresh Pesto (green) and Orchid Pink, plus 2 balls of Light Turqoise of Endless Summer Collection Sonata. I also got 2 balls of Tahki Cotton Colori. These are in neutral browns/cream. I am going to make a couple of Kyoto sweaters from Knitty (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTkyoto.html). I really love this sweater - it is unusual. So I just have to figure out my gauge because the Sonata has more stitches to an inch than the yarn used in the pattern, and the Tahki has less stitches to the inch. I have probably made more work for myself, but I will figure it out. I plan on using the Tahki for the sash with the pink, and then use the turqoise and green together (blue for the sash).

Well I am going to get some knitting done today...here are the projects I have in the works or want to get started on.

* Clapotis: Have to restart, but will get a bit going today.
* Kyoto: Have yarn, just need to gauge and then get started.
* Turtleneck (from FCEK): Have the yarn so I just need to get going. I'm making this for my mum for Mother's Day - I'd better get going with it.
* Baby Sweater: Have blocked it and need to put it together and finish neck.
* Bernat Softee Chunky Sweater: Finished front and back. Now I've got to do sleeves and neck.

No comments: