3/11/2005

Partial for Ponchos

I want to knit a poncho. I remember having a poncho when I was growing up. My Nanna made it for me and I wore it all the time. It is strange to see them coming back in fashion again. I don't do something because it fits a fad though (hey, I'm still wearing my Ugg Boots!)

I had chosen a pattern, Lion Brand's Split-Collar Poncho (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/knit-splitCollarPoncho.html) and was going to knit it in Homespun. I bought my yarn at a local craft store and came home all excited to get started. I was hoping to have this poncho done by early April in time for my trip to Montreal, Canada, but there was a glitch. I don't like the yarn. I wasted no time getting started on the project, but I just didn't like knitting with Homespun. It was way too difficult to M1 as the pattern frequently calls for and it kinked up too. So I'm on a mission to find the perfect yarn. I actually have a poncho pattern in Vogue Accessories that I prefer, but I have to substitute the yarn because that pattern calls for Stacy Charles Tahki Dazzle in Orange. I love the color, but don't want the expense.

So for now I'm going to try some internet yarn shopping and see what I can find. With some positive thinking I may be able to get the poncho done before my trip, but I'm not going to rush through it.

No comments: