4/21/2005

Mother's Day Gift

Okay, so the Rummy Scarf I was planning on knitting for my mum has been shelved. I wasn't warming to the colors I was using so I decided to go with something else. I bought a couple of balls of Lion Brand's Landscape in Rose Garden (#271) and am using the pattern on the label. Well...I am sort of using the pattern on the label for a scarf, but I'm also doing a little bit of free form. The pattern calls for 6 rows of garter alternated with 6 rows of stockinette stitch. I decided to do this, but then do stockinetter for larger chunks. I don't know if this is the reason why two balls of yarn (what the pattern called for) is not going to make a full scarf. Here are some pics of my progress:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I think it's coming along nicely, and I think it is "happy" enough to cheer up anyone in winter time...even my mum.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the colors on the scarf. Very cheerful!

Beck said...

Thanks Kathy!

shizzknits said...

Very pretty colors! I have this same yarn and I love the colors, just haven't found something suitable for it yet. Your mom's going to love her scarf.