5/23/2005

Secret Pal 5 Questionnaire

Well folks, here it is, my questionnaire. Hopefully it will be of some help to whomever is my SP.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I’m not a yarn snob at all; budget generally makes me use whatever yarn I can. I’d love any yarn sent to me. I do have a yarn wishlist that I made up myself just from a list of projects I want to make, so SP5, if you want it, you can email me. I feel funny posting it out for everyone to see. I will also probably be making up a wishlist on Knitpicks as well since I placed my first order recently.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? No.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) No.


4. How long have you been knitting? A little over 6 months maybe.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, here is a link: Beck's Amazon Wishlist. A word of warning: there are knitting books on there, but you have to wade through everything else. Also, secondhand books/used books are fine with me. The reason so many of my books on this wishlist are political or foreign affairs related is because I'm majoring in International Affairs at college, plus I'm just interested in that kind of stuff.


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Vanilla and Mango, plus I like most fruity smells. I also like most floral scents. The ONLY scents I don’t like are the spicy scents like cinnamon, ginger etc.


7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes, but I’m a chocolate snob! I only eat Cadbury’s chocolate. Some of my other favorite candy/sweet stuff are marshmallows (just the white ones), Werther’s soft chews, and jelly beans (just regular flavors, not gourmet flavors).


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Scrapbooking and sewing.


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like R&B/Hip Hop, but also artists like Rob Thomas/Matchbox 20; Lenny Kravitz. And yes, MP3s are acceptable.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Blue. I do like green, pink, and orange, but blue is my #1 favorite color.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I’ve been married for 7 years with no kids. I don’t have any pets (unless husbands count), but would love to get a dog (can a secret pal send one of these in the mail?)!!


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) At 27, I’ve just decided to go back to college (well I started last year, but I’m picking it up again). I want to get a degree in International Affairs and either become a translator, or work for some govt organization. I would also like to write and be published. I want to travel the world (well, not every place, but quite a few). That’s about it – nothing too drastic.


13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I guess I don't really have the yarn experience to say what my true favorites are.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Scratchy ones; ones that break easily.


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I want to try and start knitting socks, but don’t have any easy patterns or yarns, so I’m kind of obsessing about that. Also I’m obsessing about starting the clapotis, just need to choose a yarn and get going. I also want to make myself a poncho. I've been looking at several patterns, but haven't decided yet.


16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I don’t have any.

17. What are you knitting right now? Trying to finish my Kyoto from Knitty.com


18. What do you think about ponchos? Love them!!!


19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Straight, but will use circs if I have to. I think it’s because I just don’t feel comfortable with them yet.


20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Plastic and aluminum. Please, NO bamboo or wooden needles. I have this weird sensation reaction (i.e. horrible goosebumps) to wood and wooden spoons etc. And yes, I did say "weird" so I'm aware of my odd problem.


21. Are you a sock knitter? Nope, but if you read #15 you will see that I want to.


22. How did you learn to knit? My grandmother taught me a long time ago and I just picked it up again last year.


23. How old is your oldest UFO? What is a UFO, other than an unidentified flying object? Okay, I found the answer to my question. I guess my oldest UFO is about 4 months old, but then, I've only been knitting for about 6 months.


24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I love Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore and Piglet. I love dogs, although I don’t have one.


25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!! (Can you tell I love Christmas?) My birthday is four days after Christmas and then comes New Years, so that time of year is one continuous celebration for me.


26. Is there anything that you collect? Not really. I love books though.


27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Family Circle Easy Knitting & Knitting Digest. I love Interweave Knits & Vogue Knitting (I think the international one), but don't have subscriptions.


28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? A good book on easy sock patterns and a knitting book about Christmas stockings, plus the Viva Ponchos books (on my Amazon wishlist).

So now that I feel totally exposed, I think I'll go for now.

No comments: