7/15/2005

Gimme Some Needles Exchange

This weekend is going to be busy for me so I figured I'd post this now while I have some spare time.

1. What do you like to knit or crochet? (socks, sweaters, etc.)
I don't know how to crochet, first up. I like to knit all sorts of things. I haven't tried socks yet, but I'm going to. I'm currently knitting a scarf and I just finished a shrug.

2. What fibers do you like?
Anything that is soft is always a favorite of mine.

3. What type of needles do you use most often?
Plastic or metal/aluminum. Absolutely NO wooden or bamboo needles please. I have a weird thing about that. I am overly sensitive to wooden spoons and needles etc so I avoid them. I do need a set of dpns so I can start knitting some socks.

4. Do you like to knit in the round?
I haven't knit anything in the round, but suppose I will eventually.

5. Do you use a magic loop method or any other we should know about? Are you interested in learning a new method? No.

7. Do you have a favorite place that you shop online? (knitpicks.com, knitpixie.com, jimmybeanswool.com....)? Not really. I like knitpicks.com and Elann.com. My budget really dictates where I buy from. I like good deals.

I'm working all this weekend - knitting time is going to be seriously absent. I have a party to go to tonight, but I have to get to bed early. I've got to be at work by 9 am tomorrow, but I also have to pick up my new Harry Potter book!! I got the first 5 way after they came out so I've never experienced the phenomenon that is HP when it is first released. Wish me luck! Hopefully I won't get trampled by a bunch of 10-year-olds.

No comments: