7/13/2005

My teeth & knitting

Who'd ever think that my teeth would affect my knitting? Not me, that's for sure. Well I went to my consultation appointment with my orthodontist about possibly getting braces (I'm going to get them...at 27). Unfortunately because of my age and the fact that my jaw didn't develop properly as a child, I'm going to have some surgery. First up, I have to have the sutures of my palate of my upper jaw cut so they can expand and widened my upper jaw, which is really narrow. Then they're going to have to shift my lower jaw forward and insert a plate and screws to keep it there.

What's this got to do with knitting? Money of course!! My dental coverage (Tricare) doesn't cover braces so we're going to have to fork out nearly $5000 for two years of that, plus the cost of surgery. We're going to see if we can get them to at least cover the palate thing (and by the way, I'm not sure if I'm spelling that right) because it will clear up my sinus problems big time...but we'll see.

So yep, I'm going to have to go on a yarn diet. It's not like a buy a lot of yarn (really, it's true!), but I like being about to buy it if I get the urge.

No comments: