8/18/2005

Knitting News

The Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece has been found! I decided to put an SOS out on the Knitty board, figuring other knitter's out there may be able to find the colors I was looking for...and I was right! The lovely Linda found me the 1 skein of Emperor's Robe at her LYS, and Knit Chick directed me to her LYS. I emailed them and they had the colors I wanted and did mail orders. If not, she kindly volunteered to pick them up for me. Oh, the lengths people go to for yarn. So I should be able to start my Wave Skirt soon...Yippee!!!

Since I always like to have a project going, but didn't want to start anything big because of the Wave Skirt, I started a couple of small ones. I just finished one of Kim's Hats from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and also started another shrug - this one a the bell-sleeved shrug found on Beatknit's blog.

Also, I went to my first knitter's group meeting last night and had a great time. I'm definitely going to put this event on my calendar as a must-do!

1 comment:

Dani said...

Glad you are getting a hold of the cotton fleece! I tell you, you are going to wear this skirt lots :) I've worn it at least 5 times already! It does stretch a bit over time, but you can easily re-block.

I want to make one of those hats too!