9/30/2005

Casting on new projects

I'm really glad this week is over. I decided to give myself a break from homework tonight, especially since I have to buckle down over the weekend and study for the THREE exams I have next week.

I also discovered this evening that I'm a little bit weird. I like to watch Jeopardy and tonight they had a category about identifying the politician by their hair, and I can identify Donald Trump, Trent Lott, John Edwards, and Tom Delay by their foreheads. That is strange considering I'm not even American. I did identify the fifth one in the category but can't remember who it was now.

Anyway, onto knitting. I cast on tonight for the scarf I'm making for my secret Scarf Me pal. I will have a photo in a couple of days. I also started a practice project. I'm planning on making the Cashmere Crossings for a friend's little girl. Because she's obviously a child I have to adjust the pattern for size, plus I'm also going to knit the front and back separately rather than all together as the pattern calls for. So I'm just using some yarn from my stash and if all goes well I might have myself a wrap or something that I can use for myself too.

I also want to make Blackberry from Knitty. I've been looking for a yarn substitute and have found this at Elann but can't decide on a color. I'm torn between Winter Blue, Nordic Blue, or Deep Gold. What do you think? Blue is my favorite color and I'm leaning toward Winter Blue, but sometimes I try to break out of the same old thing.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Your not weird! That is just such an odd category... :) Good luck with Blackerry if you end up making that!