9/03/2005

Survived the first week of classes

Well this past week has been crazy! My classes started Monday and I feel like I've been bombarded with so much. I have thought at least once, "I'm not going to be able to keep up with it all." I'm a little calmer now...but not by much. I think part of the trouble was that hubby had his back surgery on Thursday. I won't mention where he had it done, but man, do they suck when it comes to all things administration! Talk about the run-around. I sent a friend to pick him up on Friday morning and again, more of the same. He didn't get home until after 1pm after being told they could leave at 9 am. So my stress levels were high from Wednesday afternoon (when it all started) to Thursday night when I got home late from the hospital and still had homework to do. His surgery was done at 1pm so I figured I'd be out of there by 3-ish. Nope, I didn't leave until closer to 7 because they took him up to the wrong floor for his one night stay. Crazy! I will never go there to have anything done.

Anyway, I also wanted to clarify a comment I made in my last post about looters. At the time there wasn't much looting for survival, i.e. food etc. That I can understand.

The other looting and crimes going on (rape, murder etc) are no excuse! As far as I'm concerned, if you're comitting any of those then yes, the NG should be able to shoot you on sight. I won't mentioned any of my other thoughts because they are quite harsh and this is a knitting blog after all. However, if I did, I would not be saying stuff like "Bush doesn't care about black people," as Kanye West so eloquently (perhaps not) put it. All I will say is that his comments were ridiculous, but he has his right to free speech. He won't be playing in my CD player any time soon and that's too bad because he's a pretty good musician.

AND A LITTLE BIT OF KNITTING...I did work on my Vintage Velvet scarf while waiting for my hubby to get out of surgery. I haven't done any knitting since Thursday and I miss it! I will try and get some done this weekend between work and catching up on school stuff.

No comments: