11/27/2005

Thought I'd take the time

...to actually blog!

So it’s been a while since I’ve bothered to blog. Time really does get away from you. I’ve had a lot to say though, so I had to type up a little thing in Word just so I wouldn’t forget what all that was.

I have been knitting and receiving knitting goods. I feel bad that it’s taken me this long to get it up, but here is the photo of the scarf I got from my Scarf Me Pal, Rebecca over at Me, myself and I.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I’ve worn it quite a few times since it arrived, what with the weather turning chilly on us. One day we had nice 70 degree temps and then, bam!, in comes the cold. No snow yet though, which is good.

I have a couple of Christmas presents going on right now. One is a kind of large project, a poncho for a friend’s little girl. Since I’m knitting her something I thought I’d make her two sisters a little something as well, so they are getting a scarf and hat. The scarf is simple garter stitch, but the yarn is really pretty. The poncho I am making is from Wrap Style and is Cashmere Crossings. I have to make some size adjustments, but otherwise it is going nicely.

I also went to my "local" knitting shop the other week and bought some yarn to make a hat and scarf just for me. I have a bunch of scarves and a couple of hats, but none that I've knit myself that I really like. So I splurged on some yarn, but since I get 10% off because I'm a student at UMW it's okay:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The dark yarn is actually orange, but not a bright yucky orange. It's also VERY soft. I want to say it's 100% alpaca, but it's not right next to me so I'm not sure. All I know is that it is VERY soft (did I mention that all ready).

The other yarn is some that I found on sale and it's just something fun. I got it because it could work with my orange yarn if I don't have enough to make a hat with the orange yarn. I might end up buying more of that orange yarn to make a matching hat.

There are a couple of other things that have bugged me lately. I love to read blogs and don’t care that people put their political views out there – it’s a free world to do that. But what bugs me is when people go too far (in my opinion, of course). I actually removed a blog from my Bloglines the other day. I know I hardly have any time to keep this blog going, but I've decided I'm going to start another blog that is just dedicated to my opinions on things going on "out there" is the big world.

Now I'd better stop procrastinating and get to work on a school project. :)

No comments: