12/26/2005

Merry Christmas & Boxing Day

I hope everyone in the knitting world had a great Christmas. We enjoyed ourselves at our child-free house, no being woken up at 6 am. Actually, we were woken up at 6:30am by my Dad calling from Australia BUT we went back to sleep afterward!

My DH and I got up late then opened our presents (all two of them each!). We went over to a friend's house and had a great day. It was really nice. My knitted gifts went over well, which is good considering I didn't finish P's scarf until 1 am on the 25th.

Today (Boxing Day) was also great. Some other friends of ours came down to visit and we all got together and had some fun. My friends bought me a DVD (Disney's Bedknobs & Broomsticks) and a book, Le Petit Prince - yes, the French version.

This week is going to be nice and quiet for me, so I can work on that poncho that was supposed to be a Christmas present. I worked everyday except for Wednesday last week because of the holidays, so I'm looking forward to having a bit of a breather. On Wednesday night I'm going to see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the witch and the Wardrobe with a friend and two of her little girls. Her little girl, C, really wants to see it so it's going to be a treat. I decided that was how I wanted to celebrate my birthday on Thursday. Any guesses how old I will be?

No comments: