12/30/2005

Sucky Socks!

Tonight I decided to take the plunge and start knitting a pair of socks. After two false starts I am stopping for the night, but I think it might be okay on my next attempt. I don't know if this is common or not, but I feel very clumsy with all those DPNs.

I'm also going to take the plunge and dye my own yarn to make a Clapotis. I've wanted to make one of these for the longest time, but never got around to it. I think my New Year's resolution is to knit more things for myself. This year I only made a OSW and a couple of scarves for myself, nothing big. Anyway, if anyone has good Kool-Aid dyeing tips, please let me know. I think I'm looking for something kind of chocolately, with some pink and yellow maybe. I would love to see other knitter's examples of what they've done with the colors used if possible.

Have a Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: