1/12/2006

New on the Needles

Today I cast-on for my Wave Skirt. I've only done the first few rows, but I was determined to get started on the "for me" knitting I want to do this year.

I also have goodies to show! I entered the small little contest that Amy of Amyville fame had on her blog about the tv show LOST. This is what she sent me:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I didn't post about this sooner because I've been under the weather for the past week and a half. Nothing like yarn to make you feel better though! I got my order from Elann today. Here's what I got:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The yarns on the left are for my Ribbi Cardi (the colors are Autumn Peach & Orange Brandy - yum!). The dark yarn (color: chocolate truffle)on the right is for this. Both yarns are from the Peruvian Highland Wool Collection, but the dark one is chunky weight.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This yarn is going to be my first leap into yarn dyeing and I'm going to be making a Clapotis with it.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

how exciting - new yarn for new projects! =)
p.s. i got your package in the mail - thank you =)

Kylie said...

I just found your blog,it's so cute.I just love your cardi colours,i look forward to see it finished:)