6/28/2006

New Layout, Projects & CONTEST!

So, I now have a new template with some personal touches...and boy, did it take some time. I hope this blog will now reflect a bunch of my interests, not just knitting. I love to read and that's why I added my reading list so everyone knows what pages I'm turning. Okay - onto the projects I'm working on.

Here is a pic of my Eyelet Capelet from Wrap Style while it is being lightly blocked. It's a bit plain looking now, but I plan on crocheting a small flower in a contrast color (probably an orange yarn) color to adorn it.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am also working on a small project using some scrap yarn I have from a previous project (a Christmas scarf.) Here is just one piece of it:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This scrap project is this little guy below...which leads to the contest (see below photo.)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

CONTEST
Why? Well, partly to celebrate my new look and partly because I forgot my blog-a-versary, and because my last post was post #100 - woohoo!
What to do? Send me an email (beckysue33@hotmail.com) or leave a comment on my blog with your answer and email (IMPORTANT). Answer to what? I'm taking suggestions for a name for my little mousie friend.
What will I do?I will pick my favorite and the winner will get a little prize (not sure yet, something yarn-y most likely). I will also put everyone's name into a hat and draw a name for a consolation prize too, how about that?

18 comments:

Karen said...

How about Purl, the mouse? Or maybe she could go by her initials, D.P.N. (Purl being her middle name)

Pam said...

How about Mr. Kitchener?
Also, I am reading Wicked as well. How do you like it?

trek said...

I immediately thought "Chipper".

wendy g said...

Great new look. I'm not good on names but here goes. Zeemouse( yea pretty bad:)

Sarah said...

looks like a Mabel to me.

Your reading list looks a lot like mine. I really liked Fried Green Tomatoes and Angels & Demons. COuldn't get through Wicked thoguh.

aruni said...

i think you should call him Squeak.

and by the way, he is SO adorable!

carolyn said...

How 'bout Spot? He's adorable! (Is he the prize??)

Nicole said...

I immediately thought Cecil. Which then led me to think Cecil B. DeMouse.

The husband gave me Wicked for Mother's Day, still haven't gotten to it though...

Fiber Follies said...

My mum befriended and named a little house-mouse:

Siegfried Throckmorton Twombley

He'd scramble about by the wall, come over and stand up on her shoe, then run off to hide.

Brittany said...

I'm thinking Nemo. Yeah, sure. That was the name of a fish. But it's still a cute pet name. And we're shakin' things up a bit. ;)

Bezzie said...

Mr. McCheese.

Nice format!!!!

Jen said...

Frankie. Just looks like one to me.

Poops said...

Peppermint Drop.

Pep for short.

Penny Karma said...

The mouse is clearly a girl, and her name should be Kitty.

Because I love irony.

String Bean said...

I'm thinking Gilbert. It's a very mousy name.

Katrin said...

Meepo. I dunno why; it's just the first name that popped into my head.

Doris said...

Ernest the Mouse!

Sarah said...

Stash... he's a pack rat.