8/23/2006

Fruit Picking & Blog Trolling

Those are the two things I've been up to in the past couple of days. First, my mum and I went here, and look at what we got:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yep, two buckets of blackberries…picked with our own hands.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A close-up of the yummy berries. I got up close and personal with some bugs to get these wonderful blackberries.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And here we are at home…all hot and sweaty…but very proud of our berry haul!

I’ve also been blog trolling and found a few interesting things…two books that I absolutely want now!

Amy at Angry Chickenblogged about Sew-U, ) by Wendy of Built by Wendy. I am looking to get into making some clothes and this looks like it might be helpful.

Not only was Amy guilty of blogging about this book, but she also mentioned that another blogger, Kelly, at Buzzvillehad a write-up about Amy Butler’s new book In Stitches. This page on Amy Butler's website has cool photos that will make you want to buy this book. I’ve been attracted to her patterns since I picked up the Weekender Bag pattern (I’m still going painfully slow on this project!) and this book looks like it has so many wonderful things in it. Kelly’s blog has some photos of projects, but you can see a few more by following the above link.

So these are two books to add to my Amazon wishlist. Since I got a promotion at work (yeah!) maybe I'll be able to afford them too!

1 comment:

JRS said...

I just got the Amy Butler book and while I haven't made anything from it yet, I love it! I was thinking of getting the other one too--if you do let me know what you think.

Your mom's adorable! Enjoy those berries!