8/09/2006

To Dye For

After having purchased this yarn several months ago, I finally got around to trying my hand at Kool-Aid dyeing. I'm not sure why I chose to start today after all this time, maybe because I had to work tonight and I didn't want to spend my day doing anything stressful (read: cleaning the house for my mum's upcoming visit.)

So without further ado, here are my pics:


Prep work: the soaking.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Prep work: preparing the kool-aid.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cooling: strawberry #1


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cooling: strawberry #2

I am working on using Cherry and Watermelon Cherry as well. So far, the cherry isn't looking much different from the strawberry, but we'll see when everything is dry.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cooling: cherry #1


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cooling: cherry #2

Up next...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cooling: watermelon cherry #1


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cooling: watermelon cherry #2


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cooling: 3 parts cherry, 1 part strawberry and 1 part watermelon cherry. This seems slightly darker than the strawberry and cherry batches.

1 comment:

Lia said...

It looks great! I have accumulated packets of kool-aid, and have some white yarn in various weights, but haven't gotten to the actual dyeing, yet. Does it smell all yummy and fruity, now?