9/27/2006

Sockret Pal Questionnaire

Here is my questionnaire for my Sockret pal (I know you're lurking out there somewhere!)

How long have you been knitting? I have been knitting for about 2-3 years. I learnt as a kid and never picked it up again until a couple of years ago.

Do you consider yourself a beginning sock knitter, an intermediate, or have you been doing this so long you could probably knit a pair in your sleep? I am still a beginner sock knitter. I can generally follow a pattern, but wouldn't be able to do anything fancy like change the pattern up too much.

Shoe size, or any other fitting related info you think is pertinent.I have quite small feet. I wear between a 6 and 6.5 shoe. I've made a couple of pairs of socks and would generally shorten the foot a bit and the heel. The rest is usually fine, i.e. the leg.

What colors do you love? Blue, some greens, orange and even pink. I don't think there are any colors I absolutely hate, but having said that I'm not too fond of bright bright colors or pastels.

Do you prefer solids or variegated? Either is fine.

What fibers do you most love to knit with?Mostly natural fibers, wool and alpaca etc. I do use cotton on occasion, but it's not my favorite.

Who do you consider your favorite yarn vendors? Hmmm, a hard one. I buy from Knitpicks and Elann a lot.

What projects (other than socks, of course*S*) do you most enjoy knitting?I knit a variety of things, I don't really have a favorite.

What fibers can you not stand to knit with? To wear?While I like 100% wool, if it's too scratchy I don't like to wear it. Again, I can knit with any fiber except boucle or yarn that is really splitty.

What colors would you never wear? I'm not sure there are any really because each color has various shades. Nothing too bright or pastel - nothing too busy!

Plastic or Metal? Bamboo or wood?Plastic or metal ONLY! I have a weird sensitivity to wood or bamboo. It makes me cringe.

Circs or Straights? Either.

DPNs or Magic Loop? DPNs.

Are there any knitting accessories you don't have in your collection but would like?I need more DPNs in various sizes. I wouldn't mind a nice knitting needle organizer. I've seen some nice handmade ones like this one from Ellipantom.

Do you have a wish list? If so, please share the link! Yes I do. Some of my "wants" can be found on my sidebar, but I also have an Amazon.com wishlist as well - if my pal would like it they can email me and I'll send it to them.

Do you like sweet, sour or salty? I prefer sweet, but I only eat Cadbury's chocolate and don't eat too many American candy.

Do you have any allergies your pal should know about? (Certain foods, smoke, pet hair, etc)I have no allergies, but obviously don't like smoke. I can't eat seafood, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get any of that in the mail!

Favorite scents? Scents you can't stand?I like fruity scents and some florals. Sweet Pea from Bath & Body Works, and White Musk from The Body Shop are two of my favorites. I DO NOT LIKE cinnamon or too many foody scents, except vanilla.

Do you collect anything (other than yarn and knitting toys of course)?Not really.

When is your birthday? (month and day is fine!) December 29th, 1977 (I'm still young enough to publish this.

Do you spin? Dye your own yarn?I have tinkered with yarn dyeing, but not spinning and I have no desire to try spinning.

Your favorite author/band/vacation spot, anything you think will help your pal know you better.I love to travel and went to Europe earlier this year. I love Paris! I like to many authors really, but a couple of my favorites are Bill Bryson and Wilbur Smith.

2 comments:

LeslieJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Sockret Pal! I've got some good ideas for you!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I'm going to be working and gathering for your first shipment of goodies.

Your Sockret Pal : )