10/02/2006

SP9 Questionnaire

Yeah, SP9 is starting soon!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I don’t like to knit with boucle, fun fur and other novelty yarns. I will use cotton occasionally, but it’s not something I use all the time. Yarn that splits too much is a pain too. I love wool and soft yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Right now they are in a couple of little vases. I wouldn’t mind a nice handmade needle case like I’ve seen around.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I was taught to knit when I was 10 by my Nanna, but it never stuck. I re-taught myself a couple of years ago. I would probably be an intermediate knitter. I can follow patterns and if I can do that, I can make pretty much anything.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do have an Amazon wishlist. I also have stuff listed on my blog side bar that I wish for.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) I love fruity scents (like mango) and some florals. My favorite scent is Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea. I also like some of their other floral scents like White Cherry Blossom. I DO NOT like cinnamon or foody scents like pumpkin spice – all that good stuff they always put out at Christmas (yuck!) The one exception to this is vanilla.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Sort of. I love Cadbury’s plain chocolate. But I don’t eat a lot of it and rarely eat sweets.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I try sewing. I don’t spin and won’t pick up this hobby. I do dye my own yarn using Kool-Aid, but would like to try Knitpicks Jacquard Dyes.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like lots of different music really. At the moment I’m into Justin Timberlake’s new music, John Legend, Nickelback.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love Blue, that is my favorite color. I also like oranges, greens, pink and brown. I don’t really like extremes too much, i.e. pastels and neon bright colors. I’m not sure if there is any color I absolutely cannot stand.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, no kids, no pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to all.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I don’t really have a favorite item. I’m trying to get into knitting more socks.

13. What are you knitting right now? A scarf, two bags, a baby hat and I just cast on for a pair of socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Aluminum or hard plastic (I don’t like the Bryflex needles, too wobbly).

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No. I wouldn't mind one, but it can't be made of wood.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Probably a year or so old – the yarn is going to be recycled for something else.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas!

19. Is there anything that you collect? Other than yarn? I love books.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don’t have subscriptions to any, but I buy Interweave Knits every issue. I buy Vogue Knitting, but I don’t always buy each issue.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Not right now.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I do knit socks, but I would still consider myself a beginner in that regard. I have small feet, size 6-6.5. The heel flap on most patterns is too long for me so it has to be shortened a little.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) December 29th.

Extras
1. There are some patterns I would love to knit or have been meaning to knit, such as Clapotis, but haven’t gotten around to it just because I don’t have the yarn. Now I don’t expect the super expensive yarn they call for in the pattern, but if my pal comes across a good substitute, that would be nice.

2. I’m also participating in the Sockret Pal secret exchange. If you want to contact my other pal for any reason I can give you their anonymous email.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Sockret Pal is ever so grateful for the extra info. and is looking forward to the extra foot measurements.

If you get your SP9 Pal's anonymous email, I'd sure like to have it...so we don't duplicate some of your goodies and leave others completely out. Just send the SP9 pal's anonymous email addy to my anonymous email addy.

Oh, and your first goodie box will be headed your way soon....just waiting on one more item to arrive. : )

Have a great week!

Your Sockret Pal : )

Secret Pal 9 said...

Thanks for posting this. THis will all come inhandy when i start putting your packages together! I can't wait to spoil you!