11/04/2006

Knit Mitt Kit Swap

What are your favorite colors? Blue, orange (not bright), chocolate/brown, pink.

Are you a new mitt knitter?Yes, I have yet to make a pair of mittens.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? For mittens I would prefer solid yarn - but I do like multicolored yarn for other stuff.

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? Something warm that retains heat, that won't get ruined if it gets too wet (i.e. if snow falls on it)

Where do you usually knit mittens? I haven't knit any so I wouldn't know - but probably on my couch.

How do you usually carry/store small projects?Zip lock bags that are big enough to hold the pattern (usually folded), a pen, a few essential tools, and the knitting.

What are your favorite mitten patterns?I don't have favorites yet.

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? Don't have any. I would like to attempt a pair of mittens that have the flip up flap (make sense?)

What are some of your favorite yarns? Knit picks 100% wool, Elann Peruvian Wool (worsted), Cascade, soft yarn.

What yarn do you totally covet? Anything that costs too much money for me to buy or isn't on sale.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Clapotis using the actual yarn called for in the pattern (Lorna's Laces Butterfly and Bullfrogs - in Vera).

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I use only metal or strong plastic (not the Bryflex) needles - no bamboo or wood please! I use all types: DPNs, circs and straight.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Cadbury's plain milk chocolate.

What’s your favorite animal? Dogs I guess. Not really sure I have a favorite - I love cute animals.

Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts? I would prefer super warm mittens.

Do you have a wishlist? Yes, I have one with Amazon that you can find using my email address.

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? Just that some of these questions are little beyond my thinking really - I can't really say what yarn I would be (I've never considered it). I find some of these questions to be really hard to give an answer, as in, there are too many things I could put down. If there's anything you'd like to know, just ask! I'm up for answering questions. I will also edit this post as I think of anything else.

1 comment:

bekka said...

i see you succummbed. sorry about the poor spelling.