3/11/2007

Razor Cami & Dad's Socks

Although I didn't have a totally free Spring break, I did manage to get some knitting done. I finished my Sockret Pal's socks, so they will be on the way soon.




And I made progress on my Razor Cami. Unfortunately because I just realized I am using the wrong kind of Sirdar yarn than called for in the pattern, I'm going to need more. Does it constitute a break in my yarn-diet if I had to buy the yarn to complete the project I was doing to stash-bust?


I've also started a new pair of socks using the STR yarn from the Rockin Sock Club.




I tried to start the pattern that came with it, but it was toe-up and WAY too confusing for me. So I'm just doing a basic stitch pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. The plan is for these to go to my dad...maybe for Australia's Father's Day (September) or Christmas. That's a long way out, but at least I know they'll get done by then. I'm trying to be better at planning ahead for handmade gifts this year.

**I am having trouble coming up with catchy titles for my posts - sorry about this.

3 comments:

loribird said...

Nope, not cheating on the yarn diet, as Wendy specifically states in exception 2.c. "If we are knitting something and run out of yarn, we may purchase enough to complete the project." Yours is looking nice, by the way ;)

white oak studio said...

I'm in the knitted purse swap II but can't post to the blog. My account uses the new blogger so it says that I can't post (since purse blog is old blogger).

Can I send you my photos to post? I've received my purse AND I've sent off purse. If so, please email me so I can then email you. thanks, Jana

sgeddes said...

I'm in the sock club too. I'm goingto give the pattern that came with it a try. I'm hoping I can figure it all out.

The cami looks great! I think you should be able to get the yarn you need to finishe wiht out breaking the yarn diet.